[SPARCbook] WTB: SPARCBook2 parts

Robert Schaefer rschaefe at gcfn.org
Mon Mar 4 05:06:47 CST 2002

Hi!  I'm looking for a few parts for a SB2: a battery, the little plastic
door that hides the ports on the back, a battery, install media, and a
battery.

Did I mention I'm looking for a battery?  Any condition will do, doesn't
take a charge, leaking, broken, even squished flat as long as it's not the
connector end.  If someone has one laying around that they don't want, let
me know.  Even one that doesn't work, or has a broken LCD, or otherwise
unusable.

Also, can anyone confirm the existance of a 64M upgrade for a SPARCBook_2_?
The owner's guide makes reference to a max of 32M in a number of places, but
in one place it says 64M and in another it has four 16M pages.  The manual
has a great many typo's and other errors, so I can well believe that 32M is
the limit, but I'd like to know for sure.

The first order of business is a PPP client, followed closely by a DHCP
client, if anyone has configured these for a SB2 running SunOS 4.1.2 I'd
love to hear from you.

As long as you've read this far, perhaps you could take a stab at another
question or two.  I understand this computer has a security key that needs
to be entered if the hardware changes.  Does `change' include the addition
of an external CDROM or harddrive?  I haven't exactly make a thorough search
for them yet, but if anyone has a source for 2.5" SCSI drives...

thanks!

Bob