[SPARCbook] Realistic SPARCbook prices

Bob Hoekstra Bob.Hoekstra at HoekstraSystems.com
Tue Jul 16 15:21:42 CDT 2002

Travis,

I bought my 3GX not very long ago and paid a lot more than your $300,
but they are probably cheaper now. To be honest, I bought it mainly
because I really drooled over them when they were new - they were SO
cool then.

The SPARCbook hardware is superb, but relatively pricey. You'd probably
get better value performance-wise with a PC-style portable and spares
might be easier to get hold of and cheaper. The ThinkPad battery
performance is probably a lot better also.

My advice would be to go for the ThinkPad if you want a work-horse, but
the SPARCbook if you want a hobby. It's far more satisfying :-)