[SPARCbook] sparcbook project question

Jonathan Kalbfeld jonathan at ThoughtWave.NET
Sat Aug 31 21:23:32 CDT 2002

Hey All,

We've just purchased a meade starfinder 10" telescope with a nice little
rs-232 serial port on it that will allow automatic positioning of the
scope.  I'd like to take one of my rugged sparcbooks out and use it as a
telescope control device since there's a nice little program called Xephem
that allows automatic control of the scope.  Has anyone else done
something like this with their sparcbook?  The one in question is a 3GX
and I'm actually thinking of writing a perl module to do this if there
isn't one already.  I just think it would be really neat to set something
up in a weatherproof dome and have it do automatic positioning and
photography while I snooze.  Waking to pictures of DSOs would make it all
worth it!

jonathan

--
Jonathan Kalbfeld    M268@>6]U('!L87D@=&AI<R!M  ThoughtWave Technologies LLC