[SPARCbook] 3GX

ML ml at persius.rz.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Aug 27 07:38:47 CDT 2002

Hi there,

>What is the first version of Solaris that shipped on the 3GX?
AFAIK a customized version of Solaris 2.5.1, earlier versions for
earlier SPARCbooks but the 3GX should have been shipped with 2.5.1

>Is it commonly found on ebay , etc.?
No. This special 2.5.1 was shipped by tadpole only and they never
released their driver packages separately

>I want to get a copy?
>I know 2.6 will work, but I thought it would be neat to install it.
Not all 2.6 CDs have SPARCbook drivers - try to find a 5/98, most
Solaris 2.6 CDs I saw on ebay were 5/98 so it seems to be pretty
common.

have fun
Michael