[SPARCbook] PCWLAN interface??

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Fri Aug 9 05:50:44 CDT 2002

Koyote wrote:

> I'd love to know which model and rev of card this is, and/or if there's anything else known to work-
>
> note that i'm on solaris 2.6, as i can't seem to get a hold of the 7 for tadpole...
>
> thanks!
> Christof

Well, I'm running Solaris 2.6 as well. In the past I was using the 6/98
revision of 2.6, but this is an earlier one that was specific to the
sparcbook (I have the ISO around here somewhere). The pcmcia card has a
white label on the front that says WaveLAN in big letters, PC CARD in
smaller letters, and Lucent Technologies in even smaller letters on it.
On the back is the model # 407-0031475G and the FCC ID is: IMRDCPCMCIA
Also on the back are several check boxes one each for 3.3v 5. 16 32 &
DMA of which the 5v and 16 boxes are checked. The blackbox that attaches
to the pcmcia card (I originally thought the box WAS the antenna, but
the manual calls it the radio module, and it has an antenna connector
(looks sort of like an RCA jack but slightly smaller)) has a model
number of 407-0031879C and an FCC ID of: IMR24EAM. I hope this info is
helpful, so does that mean that I've gotten further toward getting the
pcwlan driver working than most?

--
-Mike