[SPARCbook] SparcBook

Jaap Boender sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 14 13:05:07 CDT 2001

Hi,

I just got a SparcBook 3GX. It has 128 Mb (at least, it says so), but it doesn't
have a battery, and the LCD display behaves strangely: the top fifth works,
and shows what it should so, but the bottom four fifths are black. So, I'd
like to ask:

- Is this LCD problem a known one; is the LCD screen broken or is it something
  else? The line dividing the black and non-black parts is perfectly straight,
  so I hope the LCD isn't broken;

- If the LCD screen is broken, can I get a new one somewhere?

- And a battery?

Thanks,

  Jaap
---
"C'est facile de dire non, mme si on doit mourir. Il n'y a qu' ne pas bouger
et attendre. Attendre pour vivre, attendre mme pour qu'on vous tue. C'est trop
lche. C'est une invention des hommes."
  -- Jean Anouilh, "Antigone"