[SPARCbook] Sparcbook 3GX -Upgrade

Dennis Hayes sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 6 08:35:15 CDT 2001

Group,

Hello, I am new to this group.

Need your assistance. I have a Sparcbook 3GX that I want to upgrade
to Solaris 2.7 software. Before I perform the OS upgrade I need/want to
upgrade my HD from 1.2G to 10G  system.

Question:
(1) Where can I purchase 10G IDE HD for 3GX system? Tadpole price is
expensive. If someone
installed different vendor HD, what issues or problems?
(2) Where can I purchase Solaris 2.7 for Sparcbook. Again Tadpole too
expensive.
(3)I would like to upgrade from 128M memory to 512M or better 1G memory.
Where can I
purchase compatible memory for 3GX? Are there any known issues that I need
to be aware of?

Thanks,
Dennis