[SPARCbook] Serial cable and dos emulation?

Rainer Canavan sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 16 11:45:33 CST 2001

> Hey, couple quick questions.  Pitts robotics club picked up a basic stamp
> 2, i was wondering if the dos emulation on solaris 2.6 could use the
> sparc's serial port?  Also, anyone know of a place online that has a

I have tried the serial ports with a SunPC card under 2.6 and afair, they
were working (there was no need to use them, so I can't really remember).
The SunPC card uses the same emulator as the software only solution.

> serial cable that I could use?  (and if anyone knows of any basic stamp

Get one from an apple/mac shop. they work pretty good, and are usually
available in assorted legths (15cm, 50cm 1m 2m 5m are the ones i've been
offered), with 9 or 25 pin plugs, for US$5 to $15.

> tools for *nix, let me know :)
> Thanks,
> Mike

Rainer