[SPARCbook] Project X

Matthews, Jack sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 2 11:24:27 CST 2001

Ok, guys I see a few of you have decided to quit Solaris and Sparcbook. I'm
a little more ignorant and I'm pushing through.

Now for the project. I have five pieces of equipment to intranetwork. I have
a Colbalt Cube e-mail,file,webpage server (running Linux), A sun
sparcstation20, a Sparcbook3000XT, A Sparcbook 3TX, and a sunPics
Sparcprinter II(last four are Solaris 2.6 OS). I want to network them in my
house. So I'm doing the cabling(CAT5) and terminations now. I want to
network them together(intranet) and connect them to the internet via my ISDN
line into the house.

What additional hardware do I need?

How would you go about this?

I'm least sure about how to connect the ISDN and the
Intranet(hub,switch,router stuff).
I really need a guide for doing this.
I'm sure you will have lots of questions that I have not answered here.

Thanks for your input.