[SPARCbook] Sparcbook 2 and Jumpstart

Robert Ramsey sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 20 15:31:11 CDT 2001

<P><BR><BR></P>
<DIV>
<P>Hello All,</P></DIV>
<P>I just recently bought a Sparcbook 2 and even more recently received the Solaris 2.5 software from Tadpole.  The documentation that came with the software describes the instillation process for a Sparcbook 3.  However, Doing the instillation via Jumpstart shouldn't be much different right?</P></DIV>
<P>When I try to boot my sparcbook off the network it's attempting a bootp instead of a tftpboot.  I've done a lot of Jumpstart setups but haven't run across any documentation on how to get the system to act like a boot server via bootp.  Anyone have any ideas on how to get the laptop booted off the network?</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>I've using a Sun Sparc 2 running Solaris 2.7 for the Jumpstart server.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Thanks in Advance,</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Rob Ramsey</P>