[SPARCbook] Installing patches for Solaris 2.6

Ken Hansen sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 18 00:27:26 CDT 2001

Mike N. has the cable needed to attach your SPARCbook to an AUI transciever -
write to him at sales at twmaster.com (or, see www.twmaster.com)...

You could use the modem in a PPP connection - you should even be able to use
any "regular" (non-Win) modem either hanging off a serial port or in a
PCMCIA slot.

Do you have a PCMCIA drive and PCMCIA adapter on your Win2K box or another
laptop on your LAN?

Connectivity would make this process easier...

You could even try and scrounge a 3Com 3c589c PCMCIA card and use that (it is
supported under Solaris on the SPARCbook)... (They seem to run under $20 in
most cases)

HTH,

Ken