[SPARCbook] Installing patches for Solaris 2.6

Ken Hansen sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 17 22:45:22 CDT 2001

Um, aside from the burning, that is how I got the patches on my machine (used Netscape
on Win2K to downlaod the patch cluster, then FTPed it over to my laptop.

I bet you are not downloading the patch cluster as a "binary" file onto the WIn2K
box...

If you are, then I suggest you try what I did and simply FTP the file onto the
SPARCbook.

I suspect there is some option you need to set (rockridge?) to properly handle long
file names...

Not sure,

Sorry,

Ken