[SPARCbook] Precisionbook on ebay

Peter L. Wargo sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 7 13:01:22 CDT 2001

On Sat, 7 Jul 2001, John Appleby wrote:

> Yeah, I've heard of a lot of people having bad experiences on EBay...
> I've never had a bad experience yet, but I won't buy from someone who

Well, checking my feedback on Ebay, I've done well over 50 transactions,
and I have had problems with two of them.  One, the individual kinda
vanished (no money changed hands, so no biggie), the other was a
reel-to-reel that was improperly packed.  I'm still working with the
second individual on repairs, so I can't claim it as a true problem.
(Yet.)

But, counting those two, I have less than a 4% problem/success ratio,
which seems to be subjectivly somewhat higher than I get with retail
merchants.  SO, go figgure.  However, I do spend time researching items a
bit before I bid.  Sometimes, you end with great stuff - I got a TASCAM
8x4x2 mixer in flawless shape for $200.

YMMV, of course.

-Pete