[SPARCbook] 802.1x; Memory Upgrades on 3GX

Mark G. Thomas sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 4 16:55:28 CDT 2001

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 11:27:29PM +0100, John Appleby wrote:
> > > I've also upgraded the memory to 64Mb, and clearly the
> > suspend to disk is no longer working. Is there an easy way to
> > fix this or do I have to do a complete reinstall to resize
> > the partitions? That would be... undesirable... since I don't
> > have a Solaris CD or CD drive :)
> >
> > For Solaris 2.5 you MUST change the partition size.
>
> Darn, and unless you have some space, I supposed you can't use growfs or whatever to do that. It seems that I need to find myself a Solaris CD and a CDROM drive. EBay here we come.
>
> John

Alternately, if you have an external SCSI drive to plug into the SPARCBOOK,
you can make filesystems on that, use ufsdump piped to ufsrestore, or find
and cpio, to copy everything over to it, then run installboot to make it
bootable, then make new partitions on your internal drive, make new filesystems,
and copy everything back.

If your internal disk is small, consider that if you don't mind losing NCE,
you could obtain a Solaris-2.6 CDROM, the Tadpole 2.6 packaged and patches,
then when you re-install you don't need a separate suspend partition.

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com -- http://www.misty.com/)