[SPARCbook] update on the wierd error messages

Mike Delaney sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 2 22:18:39 CDT 2001

Hey,
I shut down my sb for a while, and then took out the battery.  I was able
to boot from the zip disk again, went back to
the shell (avoided anything else in the installer entierly), and so far I
have uncompressed most of the packages without any error messages.
Is it possible that there was a lot more heat produced between the battery
charging and reformating the hard drive?  That's been the only
explanation I've been able to think of.  I'm also hoping this means that I
didn't break anything. :)
Mike