[SPARCbook] SPARCbook and CompactFlash Card

bj gleason sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Tue Feb 27 19:08:42 CST 2001

Hello:

I am a bit of a newbie at this (I just got a sparcbook 3gx!)...

I am having abit of a problem with the pcmcia stuff.

I have 2.5 loaded, with NCE2.  dmesg indicates that it can not find the
pcmcia device, but when I pop in the calluna CT521RM hard drive, NCE2
sees it in slot 0.

I can't figure out how to access it now...  I tried the mount line
below, but it doesn't work (no such device)...  I've tried reboot -- -r,
and everything else I can think of (tho I am a bear of very little brain
;-)

I saw in a previous message that the calluna card works.  Can someone
tell me step-by-step how to access it?  I've tried searching, and read
the faq, but without much luck.

many thanks in advance,

bj