[SPARCbook] RE:NetBSD-1.5 and SB3

Miles Nordin sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Mon Feb 26 19:13:14 CST 2001

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 08:56:19AM -0500, pmgeahan at home.com wrote:
> Someone else recommended that I recompile the kernel with the
> TADPOLE3GX config.

That was me, and I was wrong.  The pnozz driver is in the GENERIC
kernel, so you don't need to recompile to get X working for the
reasons I cited.  Rather, it is probably as Julian said---you have
an as-yet-unsupported Sparcbook model.

However, if you are able to compile your own kernels, you may be able
to test some patches.  You might want to set yourself up so you can
compile your own kernels, and then contact Julian Coleman who posted
earlier or the port-sparc at netbsd.org list.  Maybe they will have some
ideas you can try.