[SPARCbook] Re: Some SB-1 info...

Emanuelsson Paer sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 10 10:06:03 CST 2001

> From: Nicolai Schwindt <schwindt at dfki.uni-kl.de>
> I did try several drives, 1.2 to 6G they all worked fine, but as
expecteted
> I could only address parts of it, I had the trouble once as you described
it,
> at that time it had broken traces on the ide cable.
> Give it a try, and check it. Mine broken on mounting a new drive.

I've checked the cable and even replaced it with a new one.  No change.
One interesting thing is that if I switch the original disk to slave, then
the Sparcbook hangs as well.  Only if I remove the disk completely will
it say that it can't find a disk.  With the new disks I've configured them
as master or slave; no change.  Hm, I wonder if it wants to use
cable select?  Haven't tried that yet.

> I am more in trouble with the keyboard foil right now, I restore traces on
on
> part, and other bits start falling apart. I am using a "paint" based on
> silver. Has anyone a better idea ?

Doesn't sound good.  I've had to clean mine, but haven't noticed it
starting to fall apart.

> And again, the old question, does anyone now where I could get the media
> or images of the SunOs thart came with it ?

And the old answer: send me your address.

Regards - Pell