[SPARCbook] Sparcbook ATA drive formatting

Ian Spray iws at tadpole.co.uk
Tue Oct 24 03:47:46 CDT 2000

On 23-Oct-00 Greg wrote:

> [snip]
>
> Tadpole/RDI may have modified their 32-bit OBP to combine the two 32-bit
> cells into one 64-bit signed offset for seek but I don't consider it
> likely.
> Ian?

Hi Greg,

You're right - it was unlikely :)  For the SPARCbook series the 2Gb limit
really wasn't an issue until the product was nearing the end of its life,
and since we partitioned the drives when the units were first sold, it
wasn't worth spending that much time looking into it.

Again, I can't say anything about the RDI lines of this era as I didn't
work on them/haven't seen the source code.

--
Ian Spray          :  Software Engineer     :  Tadpole-RDI
iws at tadpole.co.uk  :  +44 (0) 1223 428 224  :  http://www.tadpole.com/