[SPARCbook] wanted T2-XRHDA external hard drive adapter

Mark G. Thomas mark at laptop.misty.com
Mon Oct 23 20:17:56 CDT 2000

Hi,

> Why not keep your eyes out for another sparcbook?

I have a couple SPARCBooks.

By the way, I'm at the Veritas NetVision conference in Las Vegas this week.
Tadpole has a booth here, and their new UltraBook really is cool.  Everyone
already knows that though....   :-)

> Seriously - if you are looking for convienient external storage, might a
> better solution be a PCMCIA adapter stuffed with a 2.5" notebook IDE drive?
>
> If, on the other hand, you want to load the drive from another machine (say
> a desktop), then I guess it could make sense, but to my mind you would be
> better off networking the two machines with 10 baseT networking...
>
> Curious about you specific need for this part,

I'm looking for a fast and easy way of loading and copying the drives
from another machine, without having to rely on 10-base-T speed.  I'll
transfer a couple GB of stuff onto my SPARCBook at a client's, and it
takes too long to unload the stuff over the network connection.

There are other solutions to my needs, just would be nifty to find the drive
box so I can plug the drive directly into my desktop workstation.

-Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com -- http://www.misty.com/)