[SPARCbook] Sparcbook ATA drive formatting

Martin Wedel sr sun at minor-element.net
Sun Oct 22 15:29:09 CDT 2000

Someone please clue me in on formatting an ATA drive.
I try fdformat /dev/c1d0s0 and I get the error

fdformat: FDIOGCHAR failed, Inappropriate ioctl for device

The regular format command complains that it can't find a defect list, and
that one isn't supported on the device. I'm runnong 2.6 with all the
tadpole packages and patches, I can do a newfs on a previously formatted
drive, I just can't seem to get the zen for a format. I am pretty
sure that it's a syntax problem, but after fiddling with it for a
while, I can't think straight anymore. Help!

--
Martin Wedel
sun at minor-element.net
http://www.minor-element.net/