[SPARCbook] Compact Flash Cards (from a Nikon?)

Chris D.Halverson cdh at CompleteIS.com
Wed Oct 18 13:28:32 CDT 2000

This is semi-OT...

OK, I've dug around the archives and come up w/ some details on how to
mount a CF card w/ a PCMCIA adapter. I tried that, and it seem to
work, but died.

I am trying to read a CF card w/ pictures taken from a Nikon digital
camera. When I try to mount it, it says that is is not a DOS
filesystem. Basically, I tried:

mount -F pcfs /dev/dsk/c1d0s2 /mnt

I first ran 'disks' as suggested in another email, so I'm assuming
that's correct.

I guess I'm just wondering if it's possible to read this card w/ the
Sparcbook (3GS). Any ideas? Sorry for the semi-OT message...

cdh

--
Chris D. Halverson                         Complete Internet Solutions
PGP mail accepted, finger for public key   http://www.CompleteIS.com/~cdh/