[SPARCbook] PCMCIA Compact Flash

Chris Powell Chris_Powell at mitel.com
Wed Oct 18 07:31:52 CDT 2000

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:58:23 +0200 (MET DST), Rainer Canavan wrote:

> AFAIK, compact flash cards behave the same as ATA disks like the Calluna,
> and thus should use the same devices as the calluna cards.

Devices created when a SRAM PCMCIA is inserted:

/dev/dsk/c1t6d0s2
/dev/rdsk/c1t6d0s2

Which point to:

/devices/iommu at 0,1000000/sbus at 0,10001000/ts102 at 1,20000000/memory at 0/pcram at 6,0:c

This fits with the pcram(7D) manual page which says SRAM is on t6
(t for technology, not t for target).

> Try modinfo to find out wether pcata or pcram is loaded when you insert
> your cf adapter.

The output from modinfo does not change when a PCMCIA card is inserted
(is this correct?), I get the following if I modinfo | grep -i pcmcia :

pcmcia (PCMCIA Nexus Support)
cs (PCMCIA Card Services)
cis (PCMCIA CIS Interpreter)
pcs (PCMCIA Socket Drivers)
pem (PCMCIA Event Manager)
pcata (PCMCIA ATA Disk Controller)
pcram (PCMCIA Memory Card Controller V2.0)
pcmem (PCMCIA Memory Nexus V2.0)

Wonder if the V2.0 is of any significance?

Chris.