[SPARCbook] Larger disk on S1

Emanuelsson Paer Paer.Emanuelsson at kst.siemens.de
Tue Oct 17 13:23:59 CDT 2000

Does anyone know of any disk size limitations on the S1?
I replaced the original (IDE) 120 Mb drive with an 800 Mb model,
but the Sparcbook hangs after HW diag as soon as it tries to
access the disk.  It's totally dead.  I know the disk is ok.
The drive light blinks quickly once, so it does read out the
disk parameters.

I wonder if it's the old ugly 500MB PC BIOS problem that's affecting
the Sparcbook as well?  The disk has more than 1024 cylinders (~1300).
Any success stories using a larger disk appreciated.

Pell