[SPARCbook] UltraBookIIi review in October 2000 Server/Workstation Expert

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Oct 12 10:59:14 CDT 2000

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 08:41:41AM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> In the above magazine they review the UltraBookIIi, a $17,000 base SPARC
> laptop with a great list of features (large screen, 2x HD trays, large
> memory capacity and high speed CPU). Fully configured (the system you'd
> want) at about $26,000 - with 400 Mhz/2 MB CPU, 2x12 Gig HDs and 1 Gig of
> RAM!

I"ve been using the previous model of that system, the UltraBook
(same as a Ultra 1/170E, with a 14.1" 1024x768 LCD and Creator3D, 128mb
 RAM, 12gig HD) - and its NICE.  *very* nice - in fact, I used it as
my only home system for about 3 weeks.  Definitely an adequate replacement
for a desktop SPARC if you're short on space, and one of the nicest
laptops i've ever used.  For people who need that kind of power, portable,
its well worth the price - and thats the market that Tadpole/RDI sells to.

I can only imagine how nice the IIi-based system is.

I'm gonna miss this UltraBook when I have to send it back in about a
month. 8-(

Bill

--
Bill Bradford * KD5LQR