[SPARCbook] IS anybody selling a sparcbook?

Tai Wyatt bkrose at bkrose.com
Wed Oct 11 17:05:32 CDT 2000

Hi,

It's the Sun4m architecture, Runs all versions of Solaris, versions higher
than 2.6 lose Tadpoles NCE (Nomadic Computing Environment) Suite. You can
download the utilities from Tadpoles site, along with the patches. See link
below.

ftp://ftp.tadpole.com/pub/sbu/

There is however a version of Solaris 7 available from Tadpole for a cost of
$350.00 which has the NCE suite. Without NCE SPARCBooks can run hot, as
power management is lacking.

The manufacturers web site is located at:

http://www.tadpole.com

Y2K info is:

http://www.tadpole.com/support-trdi/y2k/sparc.html

For more information use the links below.

http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/SparcBook-FAQ/qanda.html

http://www.byte.com/art/9408/sec9/art5.htm

For additional parts use the link below:

http://www.sunhelp.org/sbparts.php3

For a larger Hard-drive use the link below:

http://store.powerbook1.com/

For memory use the link below:

http://www.memoryx.net/sparcbook.html

As my knowledge of the SPARCBook is limited, using the above links or a
search engine, may provide you with all you need to make an informed
decision about purchasing a SPARCBook or assist you in your usage of one.

Hope this helps.

Tai