[SPARCbook] Booting off a cdrom or floppy

Michael M Delaney mmdst23+ at pitt.edu
Sat Oct 7 17:28:02 CDT 2000

Is it possible to boot solaris 2.5.1 off the floppy?  I tried booting it
off a cd, but the drive i borrowed from a friend is really old (scsi 10,
and it dosent have the drive speed marked on it, so its possibley even a
1x drive.  Whenever I try to boot off of it, using "boot -SVR",  I get
errors like "unexpected data phase".  Is their any way to get it to boor
properly, or to get it to boot of the pcmcia net card?
Thanks,
Mikex