[SPARCbook] New SB with Solaris 2.5 - What should i backup

Rainer Canavan rainer at canavan.de
Thu Oct 5 17:52:18 CDT 2000

[...]

> There was an OS CD with 2.5 HW 1/96. I did an install of it on an external
> drive and it seems to work, but it does not have the Tadpole stuff (that I
> ca find anyway)

[...]

> The question now is which directories/ parts of the original drive must i
> copy to the external drive? Where is NCE located?
[...]

Hmmm...

As a general solution, It would be interesting to reverse-engineer
pkg files and patches from the filesystem and the package database.

With all the relevant files beeing text only, there _must_ be a perl
script out there that does this - but i failed to locate one so far.

If there isn't one already: Anyone interested in writing one?
(It should really be rather trivial once you look at the files
in /var/sadm/ and the pkg building info on sunfreeware.com)

Rainer