[SPARCbook] mem simms and hds for a 3gx

Ken Hansen sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 28 20:58:37 CST 2000

Yeah - 32 Meg SIMMs are about $75/each (give or take) and a 6.4 Gig HD
w/SCSI adapter is $400. You can (suposedly) buy a SCSI adapter for $180
(from www.powerbook1.com) and then use almost any thin notebook drive (like
a 12 Gig Toshiba for $175 or so from places like dirtcheapdrives.com) and
that is about it.

64 Meg SIMMs are custom made pieces, esp. for Tadpole and are *very*
expensive. If you can find them they will allow you to go to 128 Meg of RAM,
but honestly, 64 Meg with Solaris 2.6 is good for a typical user mix of
applications, IMHO.

Tadpole was offering them for $1,500 for the two pieces neede for the 128
Meg upgrade, last I saw, and a 12 Gig HD in a sled (with the required
adapter) from Tadpole is about $815.

See http://www.sunhelp.org/sbparts.php3 for more information.

HTH,

Ken