[SPARCbook] SB3 and short reads

sparcbook at sunhelp.org sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 25 21:17:29 CST 2000

I have a Tadpole Sparcbook 3 in my hands here.  64 MB RAM, ROM Rev. 2.15
V2.02-F.  I've tried installing Solaris 2.6 on two different 1.2GB sleds
so far.  These sleds and this install worked OK in another SB3 we had
access to.

Now, whenever I try to boot from the sled, I get a couple of "Short Read
0x200 chars read" then a "/kernel/genunix bad shndx in symbol 3814", then
"genunix error reading symbols", "krtld: error during initial link/load
phase" followed by a Data Access Exception.

I'm having trouble figuring out what's wrong.  The sleds work fine in
another Tadpole SB3, I'm not trying to run anything 'funny', just boot the
darn thing.

Anyone seen this?  Have any advice?

-------Patrick M Geahan------pmgeahan at home.com-------ICQ:3784715------
Quote of the Week: "Where in the bible does it say `God so loved the
world that he congested bandwidth by forwarding email to everyone in
his address book?'" - Tom Sevart in alt.folklore.urban