[SPARCbook] We're back!

Bill Bradford sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 20 01:05:09 CST 2000

On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 11:36:15PM -0600, Jonathan Eisch wrote:
> Gosh, I was wondering why I wasn't getting any e-mail....
> -Jonathan

Went to cleanly move everything to the new box.  Moved the stuff
(as .tar.gz files).  Unhooked the other box, took it home.
Went to set everything up from home.  sol7 binaries didnt like
sol8.  Had to rebuild EVERYTING (all of /usr/local, apache, php,
sendmail, etc) from scratch, then slowly and carefully move the
webpages, apache conf, sendmail config, and mailing lists back in
once the 5-hour process of rebuilding everything in /usr/local was
done.

Now on a 300Mhz AX-e based 1U rackmount box, tho, instead of the
Ultra 1/140 that served as the SunHELP machine for almost a year and
a half...

Bill

--
Bill Bradford