[SPARCbook] Wireless Recap

Matthew Evans sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 9 23:48:42 CST 2000

Ok.  I want the official story (isn't this in a FAQ yet ?).  Can i get
good wireless ethernet working with a sparcbook 3gs running solaris 2.5.1
D.1 ?

My fiance has a powerbook and we've got a nice computer lab here in the
apartment, but given that we've got two laptops and no computer access
anywhere else in the apartment, im thinking wireless, with Apples AirPort
as the obvious solution (works with Aironet, $300 hub, etc).

Therefore, I want to know if anyone has gotten  a reliable and more
importantly interoperable wireless solution going with the sparcbooks.

Ideally someone would tell me something like this

1. Buy apple airport hub
2. configure it to bridge to your physical lan
3. buy cisco aironet cards for each laptop
4. plug it all in, it just works like magic.

im guessing it wont be quite that easy, but im curious to hear people's
luck with the newer wireless hardware on sparcbooks.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt Evans  -  mevans at cse.unl.edu
Comp Sci / Math, Class of 2000.
"No one will be left to prove that numbers existed,
 Maybe soon the children will be born open fisted" -- Dave Mustaine