[SPARCbook] (no subject)

Keith Howick sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 9 14:35:37 CST 2000

Oscar,

No, the line ending in "sd6" simply indicates your 3XP tried to read the drive,
not that anything in the drive was actually read.

I had this same problem: a 3XP, the 2.5.1/D.0 OS, the Plextor drive. Identical. I
simply removed the jumper as Ken said, problem immediately solved. The jumper
forces the drive to 512-block mode, removing it places it in 2048-block mode.

Fair warning: if this is an identical situation then your cd is in an external
stack. Taking the multi-layer stack apart wasn't too difficult (patience is a
virtue here), but be *very careful* when you remove the CD (you must remove the
CD) and the wires attached at the back. *write down their order*. I made the
(silly, childish, impatient) mistake of not doing so, and I spent hours afterwards
trying to find the correct combination again.

-Keith Howick