[SPARCbook] [aftermarket sales]

Ken Hansen sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 8 20:00:15 CST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "paul daley" <pauld at tadpolerdi.com>
To: <sparcbook at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 7:26 PM
Subject: Re: [SPARCbook] passwd cracking

> Hey folks,
>
>   Let's put this to rest. Here's the real deal with the $400 SPARCbooks. A
> client of Tadpole's bought 1108
> special GX systems with no manuals, 2.5.1 loaded, no OS disks or docs, no
> cables and a  trackball.
> After two years the client software was ported to NT and our client sold
> the lot to Herman Miller/SQA who sold them
> for $400-$800.They were not the end users, just a clearing house.

Oh - thanks, didn't know that...

<snip>
>   It's our practice in After Market Sales, that if you mention SunHelp.Org
> you never pay retail on an order. My boss get's
> mad if I give away the store so we do what we can to help you knowing most
> of you don't have 20K to spend. But your
> $25 or $30 order is just as important to us because your our advocates.
> Remember, we (Tadpole) have to sell things to eat around
> here.
>   I hope this clears things up. If not, I tried.

Paul,
    I took advantage of the offer for the drive sleds and it was a *great*
deal! I posted the results of my purchase here, but in case you missed it, I
advised everyone to get at least one extra sled, just in case they ever come
across additional/spare 2.5" SCSI drives. THe sleds were in extremely good
condition, and the price of $35/each was very fair. When I ordered, I said I
was in no rush, so whatever was the cheapest shipping was my preference... I
think my total shipping charge was well under $5 for all three sleds.

A great deal, and my opinion of your firm has only improved, the more I deal
with it...

Thanks,

Ken

btw, I now have 3 of yoru fine products (2x3GX and 1x3GS) - the market for
these reminds me of the used thinkpad market... Old 486 thinkpads still have
value, based on the quality of the build... Smae here, but with Magnesium
cases!