[SPARCbook] keyboard keystroke loss?

Sunder sunder at anon7.sunder.net
Wed May 31 06:36:03 CDT 2000

Another thing I've noticed about both my Sparcbook 3's (GX and GS) is that
they both lose keystrokes at times.  This can be very annoying when you're
trying to type in a password and it misses keystrokes, as no program
(DTlogin, login, ssh) echoes back *'s when you type in a password.)

I've resorted to turning keyclick on, but it's too loud and annoying...

Does anyone else have this problem?  Does anyone else NOT have this
problem?

It doesn't seem to be OS related either, as it seems to happen in the Open
Boot Prom also.

Both the 3GS and the 3GX have had broken pointers, I've fixed one of them
as per the SparcBook hardware hacking SAQ (
http://www.sunder.net/sparcbook/index.html )

 + ^ + :Surveillance cameras|Passwords are like underwear. You don't /|\
  \|/  :aren't security.  A |share them, you don't hang them on your/\|/\
<--*-->:camera won't stop a |monitor, or under your keyboard, you   \/|\/
  /|\  :masked killer, but  |don't email them, or put them on a web  \|/
 + v + :will violate privacy|site, and you must change them very often.
--------_sunder_ at _sunder_._net_------- http://www.sunder.net ------------