[SPARCbook] Linux and SPARCBook

Oscar.G.Farah at ccmail.census.gov Oscar.G.Farah at ccmail.census.gov
Tue May 30 09:49:39 CDT 2000

BY THE WAY:  DOES ANY ONE HAVE A SPARE AC ADAPTER (12 Vdc  @ 4.6 a.) THAT HE/SHE
WOULD LIKE TO GET RID OF AT A LOW PRICE? - please respond directly to
ofarah at netzero.net.

I just acquired a SPARCbook 3XP with no hard disk or operating system. I have
ordered a 1.2 GB hard disk for it which has no operating system on it. I have
downloaded the SPARC version of Linux 6.2 and wrote it on a CD-ROM.  I do have a
SCSI CD-ROM drive so I should be able to acces the disk with no operating system
(??).  I do not know if the CD-ROM will boot (??).  Has anyone installed the
SPARC version on Linux on a SPARCBook? What problems/difficulties would I
encounter if I try to install Linux?

Oscar