[SPARCbook] Soalris 2.6: Sun's+ Patches or Tadpole CDs?

Rainer Canavan canavan at cs.bonn.edu
Mon May 22 20:29:07 CDT 2000

Hi!

does anyone know what differences there are between Solaris 2.6
from a Sun HW 5/98 CD plus the patches from Tadpole, and the Solaris
2.6 CD from Tadpole? Any additional tools? I'm currently using
2.5.1 - based off the installation that was on the Ross Pennington
Sparcbooks. I'd guess that the SUN CDs only boot up in text mode, while
the Tadpole ones probably have graphics from the start. Not that I really
care about that ;-).

I'm going to try 2.6 as soon as my new harddrive arrives,  the
IDE-SCSI bridge from adtx is finally here...

Anyone with experience with that one:
ftp://ftp.rdi.com/pub/pcmcia/Solaris/RDIwlan.tar.gz
It's - as far as I know - the driver for PCMCIA Wavelan cards... I've
seen 11Mbit ones beeing sold for <$220 new, so this could be fun.
(What version of Solaris is this good for anyway?)

Rainer