[SPARCbook] Solaris 2.6 with > 8bit color

Sunder sunder at sunder.net
Mon May 1 15:44:15 CDT 2000

Len Rose wrote:

> Are you sure about this? When I spoke with Tadpole they said no more NCE ever.
>
> On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 04:15:45PM -0400, Sunder wrote:
>
> > There is also no NCE for Solaris 7.  The same command line tools in 2.6 are
> > available.

That's what I said "There is also >no< NCE for Solaris 7"  I'm one of the few
suckers that forked over the $350 for Sol7 + Tadpole patches.  Indeed no NCE.
:)

You have to use the command line tools such as fbconfig, syshw et al.

Far as I know NCE exists only on 2.5.1.  Not sure about 2.5 or SunOs 4.x.

--
 + ^ +  Sunder              "Only someone completely distrustful of   /|\