[SPARCbook] PCMCIA hds, PCFS, network, IDE

Hugo.van.der.Kooij at caiw.nl Hugo.van.der.Kooij at caiw.nl
Tue Mar 28 14:12:29 CST 2000

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Ken Hansen wrote:

> I bought a 6.4 Gig HD from the vendor listed on the FAQ (an IDE drive
> with an adapter installed for SCSI) for $429 ready to be dropped into
> my SPARCBook - now you can find 6.4 Gig IDE notebook drives for less
> than $200, but to simply order and receive the combination was very
> nice 8^)
>
> I can always yank the 6.4 Gig drive and swap in a 12 Gig or greater
> drive if needed, but really, will I need more? I can get a nice dual
> OS system running with 6.4 Gig of HD, but YMMV...

How about casings? I'd love to have several disks so I can test various
systems with the risk of blowing away important information. I use
swapable disks for those systems that I use for tests to reduce problems
and install times.

Hugo.

hvdkooij at caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Use of any of my email addresses for unsollicited (commercial)
    email is a clear intrusion of my privacy and illegal!