[SPARCbook] Calluna Card PCMCIA HD

Michael Lorenz ml at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Mar 26 03:10:54 CST 2000

Greetings !

> Has anybody found a good use for these cards?
I used mine to carry information from one laptop to another since my
SPARCbook still has no Ethernet cable. Of course the other laptop
(running Linux) couldn't read the Solaris UFS filesystem correctly ( I
know that there is an experimental UFS implementation since the earliest
Linux days but it didn't even find the Sun disklabel so I didn't fiddle
around with it ) but there is always tar.

> I got it from Ross Pennington when I got the Sparcbook, but I don't think I
> really need it.
Yes, as secone harddisk is is too small and too slow. Think of it as a
memory medium that's rather small for its capacity.

> What is a fair price for the 1760 MB version?
You certainly mean 170MB...

>  Can I expect to get about $30 for it?
I don't know. Possibly. Sounds fair but I have no Idea what these things
cost these days.

bye
Michael