[SPARCbook] Ethernet Adapters

Michael Lorenz ml at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Mar 21 04:15:26 CST 2000

Greetings !

> I'm still looking for an ethernet adapter...
Hmm, do you mean a working PCMCIA Ethernet card ? Nothing is easier than
to find a 3com PCMCIA EtherLink III. Finding that for a reasonable price
is another story. But they are pretty common and still in production.
Perhaps you mean the AUI adapter cable ? Some friends of mine ripped the
printer cable that came with the SPARCbook and converted it to an AUI
cable by replacing the 25pin sub-D with a 15pin one. Lots of soldering
but worth the effort.

> I posted in comp.sys.sun.wanted and instead of being offered the
> adapter, somebody offered me their system.  Apparently they are
> having the same trouble as I am in finding the adapter.  If anybody
> knows of a reputable dealer with a reasonable price, let me know.
I tried some Sun dealers in germany but none bothered to answer so far.

bye
Michael