[SPARCbook] IDE to SCSI converters (Rainer Canavan)

David Hansen dhansen at salug.org
Wed Jan 26 13:04:53 CST 2000

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000 sparcbook-admin at sunhelp.org wrote:
> Today's Topics:
>   1. IDE to SCSI converters (Rainer Canavan)
> From: Rainer Canavan <canavan at cs.bonn.edu>
>
> http://www.adtx.co.jp/english/. Anyone around here with experience with them?
> Did anybody on this list actually do business with them?

 I haven't done business with this company but the image and the
description of the product looks and sounds like the one I got for my 3gx.
 Just remember when buying an IDE drive to go with it
that you really need to get a drive that is about ~12mm in height. Any
smaller (like a 7mm drive)and you'll have to rig up the drive sled to
fill up the extra space and any larger (like a 17mm drive) and it may not
fit in the drive sled at all.

> BTW, they ask $177 for the converter, plus $25 for shipping to europe.

 And it's cheaper than the one I bought.