[SPARCbook] WTB: Internal battery pack for SPARCbook 3GX

Matthew Haas sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 30 15:45:54 CST 2000

Greetz,

 My SPARCbook's battery may have died... upon trying to turn it on a
couple nights ago, the battery was completely dead... then, after
recharging it, I witnessed a very short lifespan of the battery... I'm
used to getting on average about 45 minutes of life out of it... so, I am
interested in looking at a possible replacement (as I know from previous
posts that replacing the internal cells is not worth the value of the
battery). Anyone have any spares with good life?

 Looking on the Sunhelp SPARCbook parts list, I see the following:

S3-BATT		SPR INT BATT PCK	S3,S3LC	22	$50.00
S3-IBPCHRG	SPR INT BATT PCK CHGR	S3	41	$30.00

 As for these... if still available, are they considered 'new' and subject
to the legendary 1-1.5 hour lifespans (without solaris power management as
I'd be running NetBSD)?

 As for the battery charger- is it worth the buy? Does it do a deep
charge?

 Thanks for any responses.

 -Matthew Haas