[SPARCbook] Problems with audio

Mat Maessen sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 8 11:54:03 CST 2000

> Michael M Delaney wrote:
> >
> > I'm not sure if this will work, since I havent tried, and audio isnt
> > working with netbsd as far as I know.  try plugging in a speaker or
> > headphones to the speaker/headpohone jack on the back, and see if you can
> > get sound out of that.
> > Mike

Start up a program called audiocontrol while in Openwin/CDE. This will bring up
a window that will let you select internal speaker, line out, and headphone out,
in addition to setting the volume. Then run audiotool, and try to play a random
.au file. I seem to remember there being a bunch to test with under /usr/openwin
somewhere...

-Mat