[SPARCbook] OS upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5.1 or 2.6 for 3gx

Michael M Delaney sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 7 08:21:37 CST 2000

Use an external scsi cdrom drive, and older one can be gotten cheep, just
make sure it works ;)  oh, scsi ID 6 to boot.  you can order solaris 2.5
for $30, but 2.5.1 is no longer availibe (or so i was told, unless im
mistaken), and 7 and 2.6 will cost $400 and $350 (again, at least I think
so, and I forgot the order, sorry)  you might also want to check out
netbsd, not everything (like pcmcia) is working yet, but it runs.
Mike