[SPARCbook] Sparcbook 3GX Display

Extern - Hennig, Bernd (SUN) Bernd.Hennig at dglux.lu
Wed Aug 16 09:53:22 CDT 2000

G'Day,

the display of my Sparcbook 3GX is "black" since some weeks -
I'm able  to read something during boot-up of the system so I think
that the backlight is broken.

My problem:

- a 640 x 480 "complete display" costs ~ 400 British Pounds
- a repair of the 800 x 600 display costs ~ 1.400 British Pounds

Thats to much for me (sigh).

My question:

- I'm looking for a broken 3SI or 3GX with a working display (as a spare
  part)
o r

- infos about the backlight "tube" to repair it by myself

ANY hints are welcome !

--
Bernd W. Hennig           DG-Bank Luxembourg, Projekt 9003
Mobile: +49 173 451 6667    E-Mail: Bernd.Hennig at dglux.lu

privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by E-Mail return and then delete this message from
your system. You should not copy or use it or disclose its contents to
any other person. If any part of this message is illegible or if you
suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended,
please contact the sender. DG BANK Luxembourg S.A. cannot
accept any responsibility for the accurancy or completeness of this
message without further investigation.