[SPARCbook] builtin mouse died?

Mark G. Thomas Mark at misty.com
Tue Aug 8 21:33:19 CDT 2000

Hi,

> I have an SB3 GS.  Today I turned on my system and noticed that
> my little builtin mouse (the eraser thing) only works in the horizontal
> direction.  It won't move up or down :(
>
> I plugged in an external mouse and the external mouse works fine.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nick Maniscalco
> nmanisca at vt.edu

If you are lucky it could be a loose four-conductor flex connection
between the mouse/keyboard assemply and the LCD controller card.

Unfortunately these keyboards and eraser-mouse-thingies do not seem
exremely reliable.

I may have a couple spare keyboards, and have promised at least one of
them to someone else, but I've been bad at getting back to people and
am having trouble finding the saved messages.

-Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com -- http://www.misty.com/)