[SPARCbook] PCMCIA modem troubles

Steve Eason season at gci.net
Sat Apr 1 06:58:38 CST 2000

Hello folks,
I wish to thank all of you for your help.  I'm sure that there are
others out there like myself who follow this group closely (yet haven't
posted until now).

I too have one of the 3GX's from Ross, but have yet to get my modem to
work.  I'm struggling with the US Robotics XJ4336 (33.6MHZ) PCMCIA card.
I have installed Solaris 2.6 (5/98) and the patch #9 from tadpole's ftp
site.  Using TIP I can communicate with the modem but when I attempt to
call up my ISP I get "NO DIALTONE".  I have checked the line which works
fine with my PC.  Unfortunatly I am running out of ideas.  Any advice
would be greatly appreciated.
		Regards,
			Steve