[SPARCbook] more fun with hard drives... (power-saving woes)

William M. Perry wmperry at aventail.com
Mon Sep 13 08:07:05 CDT 1999

Well, I finally got the 6.4GB Toshiba in the sparcboo 3gx, but it seems
that every time the sparcbook goes into power-saving mode and spins it
down, it refuses to spin back up.  Errors trying to access anything on the
/usr partition (I'm currently still booting off of an external drive, and
mounting /opt and /usr off of the internal drive).

I seem to have fixed the problem by modifying /etc/power.conf to never
power-manage the sd at 3,0 device, but this isn't really optimal.  Anybody run
into this with their upgraded hard-drives?

-bp