[SPARCbook] re: memory upgrade

David Hansen dhansen at salug.org
Sun Sep 12 17:29:56 CDT 1999

 contacting tadpole themselves will also give you even more detailed
information. currently no one, not even tadpole, knows of a resource for
getting 64MB chips that will work in the sparcbooks. and tadpole sells
them for just under $2,000 (U.S.).
 as for the other sized chips, they (tadpole) advise that the chips be
gold-plated and, if at all possible, use a mainstream manufacturer. (as
well as all of the other specifications (parity, low profile 72 pin dram,
60ns.)) Anything else and you may see odd and quirky results.

david